The 4.3" Control Display Unit (CDU) can be used in a variety of applications for air or ground vehicles. This smart display utilizes an Intel Atom E3825 dual core processor, and operates under a wide range of lighting conditions from full dark (NVIS) to bright sunlight.
The CDU has connectors for 28VDC power and Ethernet. Other tactical communications interfaces are available. The bezel features five pushbuttons and two rocker switches that are software configurable. In certain configurations, an external computer can manage the display content by activating the built-in ARINC 661 widget library using the Ethernet interface.
The assembly consists of a Line Replaceable Unit (LRU) with a 4.3" diagonal viewing screen and a QWVGA (480x272) pixel resolution. The rugged aluminum chassis is painted black with white nomenclature.
Product Features and Specifications
- 4.3” Transmissive AMLCD, 480 x 272 (QWVGA)
- Brightness: NVIS to >1200 cd/m2
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1 (native)
- Dual Core Intel Atom E3825 processor (1.33 GHz)
- 2GB DDR3 SDRAM, 8GB SD Flash
- ARINC-661 over 10/100 Ethernet
- Controls: 5 sealed push-buttons, 2 rocker switches
- Power Input: 28VDC per MIL-STD-704F
- Operating Temperature: -40ºC to +71ºC continuous